The long-term vision of the UNAOC Youth Programming is that at all levels of action and decision-making, youth are seen as key actors and stakeholders in efforts to foster cross-cultural understanding. We aim to achieve this vision by:
- Raising Awareness: Raise the decision-makers’ awareness regarding the importance of young people’s contribution to fostering understanding between people of various cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Strengthening Capacity: Contribute to further enhance the capacity of youth to effectively implement initiatives advancing cross-cultural understanding.
- Sharing Information: Develop mechanisms and networks to facilitate partnership building and the exchange of information regarding the impact and challenges of youth’s work and contribution to cross-cultural understanding.
To support this vision, we implement the following initiatives:
- Youth Solidarity Fund
- Young Euro-Med Entrepreneurs in Interculturality
- Summer School
- Global Youth Movement for the Alliance of Civilizations
- On-line discussion forum
- Plural+ , a youth-produced video contest and festival about migration
- Youth Events as part of the UNAOC Forums
- During the First UNAOC Forum held in Madrid in January 2008
- During the Second UNAOC Forum held in Istanbul in April 2009
- During the Third UNAOC Forum held in Rio in May 2010
- During the Fourth UNAOC Forum held in Doha in December 2011
- During the Fifth UNAOC Forum held in Vienna in February 2013
- During the Sixth UNAOC Forum to be held in Bali in August 2014